I thought and I thought. The trouble is, when life becomes a bit too hectic, I sometimes see my glass half empty, rather than half full. I'm not always the best at making lemonade.
Thankfully, my son, Giancarlo did not inherit his mother's tendencies. I'd even dare to say that he is pretty good at making lemonade...
Last week, I gave Giancarlo a small bowl of popcorn to snack on after his nap. As I was working on dinner, he ran into the kitchen and said that he had "somethin' up his nose." "Get a Kleenex," I replied. "Mama is cooking right now."
Dutifully, he ran to the bathroom and tried his best to resolve the problem on his own. He wasn't successful and soon began yelling for me to help him. I stopped what I was doing, choked back my gag reflex, and tried to figure out what has up his nose. I couldn't find a thing.
I attempted to coax Giancarlo back into the living room with an offer to put on a movie. "But Mama, it's still in there," he said. "Mama tried, Giancarlo, but she couldn't help you. You're just going to have to man up. Maybe you can figure this one out."
After 10 very quiet minutes, Giancarlo returned to the kitchen, completely triumphant with an unpopped corn kernel on the end of this finger. "Look, Mama, I got it. I got the popped popcorn out of my nose. Should we save it to show Dad?"
My little boy could not have been more pleased with himself.
Now it's your turn. To play along:
1) Put the logo on your blog or post.
2) Nominate at least 10 blogs that show great attitude or gratitude.
3) Link to your nominees within your post.
4) Let the nominees know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
5) Share the love and link to the person from who you received your award.
Passing along the award love onto....
1) Sherrie at Boogers, Screams, Headaches, & Dreams
2) Jeannie at My Two Cents
3) Jolene at The Little Things in Life
5) Laura at A Form of Therapy
6) Julie at The Sporadic Cook
7) Kel at Girl in the Glasses
8) Girl On A Journey
9) ~OuR cRaZeE LiFe........ tHe JeNsEnS~
10) Heather at A Day With Jake