Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Really, 25?

Have you seen the latest in social networking? It seems that a little something called tags is circulating around sites such as Facebook. Now my thoughts and opinions regarding Facebook are numerous, but I will save them for another day...say like, Monday.

In the interim, let's take a look at this tag: write 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself.

No problem. We've even followed up on similar tags during our "early" blogging days (aka October and November 2008). See for yourself: 7 bits of randomness + another 15 = 22 fun and interesting facts about the Three Bay B Chicks that are guaranteed to make your life more complete after reading.

Recently, we were tagged by a few of our favorite buddies in blogland, True Love is a Mama, My Confessions of Craziness, and A Nut in a Nutshell, for another "random" post. However, I also received an e-mail stating that I had been tagged for not 7, not 12, but 25 points of randomness. Really, 25? It seems like such a long list. In addition, this particular tag originated from Facebook, and not from blogland.

Who would tag me in Facebook? Doesn't this person understand that I am fully committed to all things blog related and would never betray Blogger for another site?

Who would commit such an act of insanity?

None other than my blogging partner-in-crime, Miss Kacey.

In honor of this criminal tag, I have decided to pass along the list of 25 random things that Kacey wrote in Facebook.

I naturally took a few editorial privileges...

  1. Kacey hearts big cities and is not convinced that the suburbs are a place where she or her family should buy a home. This could stem from growing up in small town and not loving it.
  2. She is somewhat of an extremist when it comes to pens. Sadly, this means that her husband, Tyler, is not allowed to use her special pen collection since he is not an "up and down" writer.
  3. Kacey is going to be super excited to read that I wrote this post in her honor.
  4. She prefers the pool to the beach since she does not like sand touching her feet.
  5. Rain makes Kacey paralyzed; she is not a fan.
  6. Kacey is not an animal lover and has a hard time understanding people’s connection to their pets.
  7. She will not eat anything with mayonnaise, raisins, walnuts, or bananas in it.
  8. She enjoys cooking, but not grocery shopping. She is also a whiz at ordering take-out.
  9. When Kacey was three, she accidentally locked herself in a closet while showing a friend her new Glowworm. Although they managed to get out after about 45 minutes, she is still scared of the dark.
  10. Kacey and I were camp counselors to a cabin full of 5th graders while we were in high school. Here we are at age 16, before getting beaten down by our own group of 8 and 9 year olds for a week.

  11. Kacey adores it when I post photos from our childhood on the Internet.
  12. While pregnant with Emi, she ate a McDonald’s hot fudge sundae everyday.
  13. Kacey was not convinced that she was having a girl while pregnant with Emi, even though the technician said he was 99% sure.
  14. Kacey does not look her age. It is a gift. Many people think her younger sister, Mindy, is actually older than her.
  15. Kacey first met Mindy when she was three years old. She decided right away that she did not like her. Lucky for Mindy, the opinion of that three year old did not stick. The two sisters are now very close.
  16. Kacey's good friend, Francesca, has a very short attention span and is getting tired of this list.
  17. Kacey loves "bad" television. The Hills, The City, Gossip Girl, The Bachelor, and Cheaters are all on her TiVo.
  18. She'll watch any movie with Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Sean Penn, or Benicio Del Toro.
  19. Scary movies are not her friend.
  20. Kacey married her junior prom date. (Francesca is still searching for the photo to post on the Internet.)
  21. Kacey and Tyler have not been together continually since that fateful junior prom date.
  22. While living in New York, Kacey witnessed the September 11th tragedy from her workplace. It was a very long, scary, and sad, sad day.
  23. Never in a million years did she think that she would become a teacher, but she really loves it.
  24. Kacey taught English in Osaka, Japan for two years. Unfortunately, she came back to the U.S. still speaking only English.
  25. Kacey loves her new iPhone, but hates actually talking on it.

Whew! We made it to number 25. (So glad that I decided not to write this about myself.)

Now, we are supposed to tag 25 people. Ack! If I simply provide you with a list of 25 blogs, would you click on the links? Honestly, I probably would not.

Must. make. this. entertaining.

I will follow Stesha's lead, from Hot Chocolate Carmel Mocha, and try to make this more interesting.

I came up with a short description for each of the sites we are tagging. These are not the actual blog names. You will have to click on the links to figure out who these bloggers really are:

  1. A princess inspired by the Nutcracker ballet
  2. The biggest Twilight and Edward fan ever
  3. A Mom who makes miracles on Mondays
  4. A motley crew with fabulous design
  5. A Mom living in Poland away from the essentials of peanut butter cups, chocolate chips, and real hamburgers
  6. Where to find your muse
  7. Possibly domestically challenged, but always exceptionally fun
  8. A blogger who plants smiles in between the corn rows
  9. A winner
  10. A bucket that is half full and never half empty
  11. A scrapbooker with flair
  12. A Mom with two boys and a happy heart
  13. A blogger with Miles to go
  14. A super tan, skiing, cowgirl with attitude
  15. The girl who has heard every blonde joke ever told
  16. A Mom in a divine treehouse
  17. If there was a problem, yo, she'll solve it
  18. The sweetest girl of them all
  19. The American Idol guru who is anything but grey
  20. A misplaced west coast girl living in Texas
  21. A near-sighted Green Bay Packer fan who plays the flute and the oboe
  22. Everything from a baby's perspective
  23. Out of nine lives, this Mom is on life #7
  24. A wealth of useless and not witty information
  25. A funny biyatch

Rules:
Once you've been tagged, write a post naming 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about yourself.
Tag 25 bloggers, as well as the person who originally tagged you.

25 anything is an awfully long list. If you can make it to 10, I think you are doing just fine.

-Francesca

Bookmark and Share

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing that you and Kacey have a long history because you made her look like a nutty neurotic here. Good thing that works for me. I have so much more respect for you both at this point.

The Blonde Duck said...

Ya'll are so funny. This was the best 25 things meme ever!

Hccm said...

Kaci is now my new hero! Ha!

Hugs and Mocha,
Stesha

Color Me {Happy} Designs said...

This is so funny! I got tagged a million times on Facebook and ended up posting it on my blog because once I went through the trouble of writing it all there was no way it wasn't going on there LOL.

Erin said...

What an awesome post! So funny. And witty. And cool.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag--I did this on my Facebook! I'll have to tag you so you can see it :-)

Ronnie said...

Good Gravy! Stop the insanity!
I love you.

from the desk of ....me said...

thanks for the bloggy love. how sweet!!!! i'm honored that you mentioned me.

Amy said...

Thanks for the tag! What a fun creative way to do this meme. I wish I had someone to expose on my blog. Hmmmmm . . . maybe my husband?

seriously? said...

Oh I knew you would come through for me!! You guys are the best!!

Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWW!! Well number 1, I LOVED learning 25 new things about you (from one afraid of the dark to the other), and #2 THANKS so much! You are a sweetheart!

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

Awww....Thanks!!! I guess I will actually finally do this tag as well....how can I not after the little title/description you gave me - I love it!!

I love that you did your 25 based on Kacey's list as a tribute to her - that is a good friend...I guess I will have to get working on my list!!!

Lady of Perpetual Chaos said...

That was great! Even with my short attention span I actually did make it to the end!

Jo said...

I think 25 is too many too. But I love it that you did it for Kacey. I just want to hear her rebuttal!

Sharon said...

Fun! Can't wait to finish reading it and participate, but for now...another doctor's appointment. Thanks for the comment and the tag!

Lyndsay said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Although, I must say, I think I should be offended to I am useless and not witty *sigh*

Barbaloot said...

So-I know you and I have similar media tastes, but when it comes to #6 and#2 I can totally identify with Kaci!

Amy W said...

Thanks so much for the bloggy link-love. :) You and Kacey sound like you have an amazing friendship. Loved your clever twist of the 25 things!

I did this a little bit ago.... (in tandem with the facebook tag- a two-fer!!) http://bitchinwivesclub.blogspot.com/2009/01/blogoversary-hundred-things-and.html

If you want to know more about the funny beeyotch than you ever wanted to. :P

Kirsty said...

I am SO excited to be mentioned, and to be described as a scrapbooker with flair;)
My list is done...but fair warning...I am DEAD boring!

Beth Cotell said...

Wow! You did a great job!

I have been tagged for this quite a few times on FB and have managed to ignore it - like I do with most of the requests that come my way on FB.

Sometimes I wonder why I ever signed up. Oh! I remember. I wanted to make sure I was still thinner than everyone I graduated with.

For my 100th blog post, I did a 100Things About Me list and I don't know if I could even come up with 25 more things.

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

Thanks for the Tag Francesca! I did a 20 things meme a few weeks ago....hmmm...do you think my readers want another 25??

I'll have to ponder that life altering question and get back to you.

Thanks for the lovin'!

BlogBaby

Lyndsay said...

Apparently if I took time and spellchecked my comments (did that last one even make sense? LOL), I would have been better able to convey my bad attempt to just give you a hard time.

You can call me a wealth of useless information any darn time you'd like.

Dang electronic communication making everything difficult :)

Tori C. said...

Aww, thanks for including me! :-)

Esther said...

At first I was the one who made miracles on Mondays. Alas, I was not. Then I realized who I was. The near-sighted Green Bay Packer fan. Aha! Thanks for the shout-out, it will be fun to participate!

Shupe said...

Kuddo's to your friend, and you making the list in her honor!

I'm glad you left me out! I wouldn't make the whole list of 25 today!

Kailey said...

Thank you so much, that's so sweet! This should be fun!

Mindi said...

wow! i feel like i should be making a speach right about now....
"first and foremost, i'd like to thank god, through whom all things are possible. next, i'd like to thank all of the people whom i stepped on while climbing to the top--couldn't have done it without you! and last, i'd like to thank franchesca for linking me in her world famous blog." THE END.

you rock. let's stalk each other, shall we? thanks for coming out of the blogging closet.

Teri said...

Cool! Thanks a bunch for the love. :)

I was looking at the "okace to find your muse" and saw her thing on the Hatch Market and I thought it looked cool! "Alternative" Crafts are fun!

Jane Anne said...

What a nice (I mean, absolutely hysterical) tribute to your friend! I can imagine how much she loves you posting childhood pictures of her.

Anonymous said...

oh how cool!!!! I am swamped right now but will be back to do this... very cool! thanks so much, I htought I had you guys on my RSS feed but it wasn't, it is now!