The good news is that our idea worked. Geoff and I do not watch as much TV as we used to. However, every good plan has its downside. Now, the programs we do watch are usually on the DIY Network and revolve around topics such as how to paint your kitchen cabinets or how to create faux-stone walls. Television at its finest!
One program that we recently came across was Man Caves. Have you seen it? Two hosts offer ideas and do-it-yourself instruction to turn a basic basement into the ultimate guys’ hangout. “Every guy needs a space to call his own … a sanctuary where boys can be boys, where life essentials include a wet bar, a poker table and a place to watch the game with the fellas.”
Some ideas are just pure brilliance. I was so inspired by this concept that I asked Geoff what he might like to have in his "man cave.” It took a bit to pull the answers out of him, but he eventually divulged that his ideal retreat would include a wet bar, flat screen TV, big arm chair, mini frig, pin ball machine, slot car race track, and massively loud stereo.
Hmmm....interesting, but can we do better? I have to admit that when I first envisioned Geoff's man cave, I thought it would be something incredibly grand. Maybe even along the lines of Snoop Dogg’s man cave.
Snoop’s cave keeps it real. In addition to his mini frig and custom couch made from the bumper of a 1961 Cadillac, Snoop has a direct line to his favorite restaurant…Denny’s. C'mon, do you really need anything more?
Of course, all of this discussion got me thinking about my ideal retreat. What would my man cave look like? Would it be anything like Snoop’s?
Indeed it would.
Meet my Pimped Out Powder Room:
Everything I need in a bathroom and more. Let's take a moment to discuss a few of the key features:
- A pro-style hair dryer, so that I may appear like "I just stepped out of a salon" at all times.
- A strategically placed laptop computer that allows me to conduct both my own business and my blog business at the same time.
- The Wii, located on top of the toliet, so that I may stay in shape without ever having to leave my powder room.
- As inspired by Snopp, a mini-frig, only pink.
- An all-in-one heated towel rack/TV/mirror, as shown on the wall on right-hand side of the picture.
- The Fusion Drink station, located on top of the mini-frig, so that I may offer refreshments to anyone who might pop by for a visit.
Naturally, there are a few features not shown above that would be important to include, such as photos of my family. I'm guessing that I will probably never want to leave my Pimped Out Powder Room, so it would be good to have small remembrances of what my husband and kids look like.
I'd also like to have the ability to put my powder room on "lock down," if needed. Sound proofing, gigantic locks, and video cameras would all be critial to ensure that my sanctuary is never breached unexpectedly. Think back to the movie, Panic Room, only way more pink.-Francesca