Monday, October 20, 2008
On the My Charming Kids blog, MckMama has come up an idea regarding how to admit to all of the things you did not do during the previous week. It is a fun and quirky way to share with the world that you really are the center of perfection and would never, ever do anything so brash or crazy. In honor of this weekly blog tradition, here is a list of all the things I did not do during the previous week:
1. I did not have a mild and temporary fit of insanity when I took a hammer to the lock on the bathroom window because for the 1038th time I could not pry it open. I would never be bothered by something so small and insignificant. I am not a raving lunatic occasionally. (After-note: My husband did not calmly fix the lock so that I would never have this problem again within an hour of this incident.)
2. I did not wonder how I am ever going to get L to sleep again now that she has figured out how to roll over and pull herself up in the blink of an eye. To remedy this situation, I did not try every trick under the sun I could think of, including pigeon holing her in the corner of the crib.
3. On several days last week, I did not finally just give up trying to get L down for her nap after a few hours. I would never take on such a defeatist attitude.
4. I did not jump on the idea to buy a birthday cake yesterday, rather than to spend the afternoon baking for my husband's family, just so I could finish my profile on Facebook. I would never be so self-centered. I am a selfless giver, always.
5. I did not cancel my membership to the gym, finally accepting the reality that I am not going to get up and be at the gym by 5:00 am, 4-5 times a week. I did not look in the mirror and think that I might just be OK with my body post two kids.
6. I did not overly indulge my blogging addiction last week, putting off several key responsibilities, such as school work and housework, just so I could tweak our layout and read other interesting blogs on-line. My house is always clean, my laundry is always done, folded, and put away, I am never behind with school.
There you have it. All the things I did not do last week. How about you?