Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Cutting It Up

How is it October 31st already? I can't believe how ill prepared I am for Halloween this year. I just purchased the pumpkins to decorate our front door yesterday and am lucky M even has a costume. (And that, I owe to my sister.) Work has morphed me back into my former, pre-parent self. The crazed, up-all-hours of the night, career woman who has little time for much else.

Having returned from a three day business trip yesterday, I realized that not only am I at the wrong end of the festivity scale, but I also am a horrible packer. On a recent family trip to Hawaii, I was a Zen-like God of organization and preparedness when getting M ready to go. I boarded the plane with an extra set of clothes for him, diapers, wipes, benadryl, emergency phone numbers, and anti-bacterial wipes. However, when it came time to pack for my business trip this week, I failed miserably and ended up becoming fast friends with the staff in the hotel. Turns out that I neglected to pack almost every important item in my bathroom, such as my toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and a comb.

Like I said though, most of the time, me = Zen-like God of packing. In addition to our end-of-the-world bag I have standing by for our family, I also carry another secret weapon with me at all times...a pair of scissors. Whenever we go out to eat, I can never seem to cut up M's food into bite size pieces fast or neatly enough with a knife. With pasta, pizza, and vegetables, a pair of child safety scissors does the trick fairly quickly and easily. Scissors are a really handy thing to have in my diaper bag and hopefully you'll find it handy to add to yours.


Happy Halloween everyone! I think I'll dress up as a witch today and go into work. It might just be the festivity boost that I need.

-Thuy

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I always use scissors to cut up my daughter's food at home, why not keep a pair in the diaper bag??

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't made time to carve pumpkins. Bought them weeks ago, have not found (ahem, made) time to carve them.

I'm in a weird place right now but thank you for reminding me in another way the grass is always greener.

Blessings, Whitney

Ashlee Davis said...

hmmm i was just talking to a friend today about time consuming it is cutting up my kids pizza with those cheap restuarant untensils! Very resourseful