Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Go Ahead and Take a Looky

One of the main reasons I love teaching elementary school kids is that they read picture books. Who doesn't like picture books. They teach lessons, have beautiful artwork, and you can read about 5 of them in one sitting! Love it! There are a few great chapter books I adore, but nothing compares to reading a really great picture book with kids. I recently pulled out my HUGE plastic bin that was in our garage filled to the brim with my favorite books. I've started sharing some of my favorites with my little one. Somehow she doesn't seem to appreciate them as much as me, most likely because it doesn't taste good. Recently I came across this great website, Lookybook. It allows you to look through the entire book and then has links to purchase the book on the bottom of the page. You can also create a virtual bookshelf to share with others. I keep a virtual bookshelf of books that are on my list to purchase for my kiddie (okay who are we fooling, myself) or my classroom. Go ahead take a looky, and if you must know my bookshelf can be found under missnakashima. Happy reading!

-Kacey
Bookmark and Share

No comments: