Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Packing for the Doctor's Office

I am a neat freak. My friends who are reading this post are probably thinking, "Yeah, that's a slight understatement." It would probably be more accurate to say that I am a bonafide type-A, more than just a little obsessive gal, who is known by name at the local Good Will and Salvation Army stores. Since becoming a SAHM (Stay-At-Home Mom), donating has become one of my hobbies. I love it. Nothing makes my pulse quicken quite like the look of an uncluttered house. Much to my husband's chagrin, it has become my personal mission in life to get rid of things that I deem as "unnecessary."


My son has not inherited my gift for giving away. In fact, it is probably safe to say that he is the polar opposite from me. G loves to add to his collection of "stuff", which he hides away in various boxes and bags. I have learned that if I want to pare down his piles of keepsakes, I need to do it when he is asleep or otherwise occupied. Upon our return from a trip to Disneyland earlier this spring, he caught me trying to toss the plastic bags from the Disneyland Store. Based on his reaction, you would think that I was trying to sacrifice his beloved Heffalump stuffed animal. G cannot bear to part with his treasures. They are "magic."


Yesterday, as the kids and I sat in the waiting room in our doctor's office, G began to unpack his magic items from the aforementioned Disneyland bag. (Yes, 8 months later, he is still toting around that damn bag.) Here is a photo of all the items G packed for our visit to the doctor's office:



A few of the highlights:

1) His harmonica, or as G refers to it, his "Monica." One never knows when you might need to break into song in the waiting room at a doctor's office.
2) A series of paintings that G created with his grandmother last summer.
3) A blank birthday card that he asked my Mom to buy him over the summer. It has diggers on the front. He loves it.
4) His work zone sign.
5) The birthday invitation to his party last December.
6) Several books for his sister to read.

When the nurse called us in for our appointment, he jumped up, grabbed his Monica, and began playing for all to hear. It took me more than just a few minutes to wrangle away the harmonica, return all of G's belongings to the Disneyland bag, and get us into the examination room.

Surprisingly, we are not always super popular everywhere we go.

-Francesca
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sons break into song wherever we go... they're big High School Musical fans you know. LOL :o)

Blessings, Whitney

wendy said...

I love the after trip to goodwill, feel so light. Hope Jasper doesn't take after G.
Its kind of funny though - that bag.
xoxoox