Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Goin' to School

Both G and I are in school. Although we attend very different programs, we both have somewhere to go each week that we don't really want to. In his case, it is pre-school. In my case, it is night classes at a local MBA program.

Last week, I had to entice G to take a drive to my campus so that I could take care of some paperwork. Here is the conversation that we had about "goin' to school".

F: "G, we are going to go to Mama's school today. You finally get to see where Mama goes to class. Wouldn't that be fun?"
G: "I don't want to go to school. I want to stay home."
F: "Baby, we are not going to your school. We are going to Mama's school. G goes to school tomorrow, not today."

He thinks about this for a minute and then resumes the conversation.

G: "Mama, do you ride bikes at your school?"
F: "No."
G: "Mama, do you paint with your fingers at your school?"
F: "No, we don't do much painting."
G: "Mama, do you sing and dance at your school?"
F: "Sorry, baby. We don't do that either."
G: "Mama, I don't think I want to go to your school. I want to stay home."

I had to laugh. In the end, all turned out OK. Although my school does not have any of the essential amenities of G's pre-school, it does have major construction happening. Nothing compares to seeing big construction machines in action.

-Francesca
Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

wendy said...

g has the best comments!