Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

I'd Rather Stay Home


I have a number of friends and family members who travel during the summer. And, as I catch up with different people on the phone or in person, the inevitable question arises: “What are you doing? Are you planning to go anywhere with the kids?” My response is always the same, “We’re just sticking close to home this summer. Vacationing with our kids is a ton of fun, but we thought we’d do something different this year and enroll them in a few local activities.”

In other words, I lie.

How we define a vacation has changed drastically for my husband and me since we had kids. The lovely trips from our past, where vacations were spent reclining on a beach with a drink in one hand and a book in another are no more. Instead, these delightful visions have been replaced with the realities of what it means to be adequately prepared and flexible during a trip with two young toddlers...

To read the rest of my adventure with my young two-some and the security gate at the San Francisco Airport, head over to Laura's blog at Under the Sheets-shhh. She is currently visiting her family in Toronto and asked me to write about a post about travel.

I chose to explain why I no longer fly with my kids.

-Francesca

(Comments off.)
Bookmark and Share