Dear Ask A Dad,
My child has been invited to a classmates' birthday party, whose parents drive a hybrid and sometimes think war isn’t always the best solution. I’m afraid whatever gift my child brings might upset their sensitivity toward gender stereotypes. What should I do? Help?
Worried in Wyoming
Dear Worried in Wyoming,
Buying your children gender-neutral toys not only provides your kids a healthy point-of-view, but more importantly, it’s a fun social experiment for any parent who always wanted to play scientist with live subjects. The following list provides numerous gender-neutral gift ideas for little Chris, Riley, Jamie, or Casey.
- Pink gas mask
- Boxing Gloves with a floral design
- Play kitchen with George Foreman grill accessory
- Eskimo Dolls
- Potpourri scented machine gun
- Sulfur scented hand lotion
- 1000 piece puzzle of a cloudless sky (this one’s cruel to either gender)
- Exploding bracelets
- Transformers that play Jonas Brothers music
- Skull-&-crossbones tea set
- Dollhouse for ninjas
Tyler H is a guest blogger and father to Emi. The Three Bay B Chicks have asked him to shed light on a Dad’s point of view under the stern supervision of his loving wife. If you have a question for Ask A Dad, feel free to submit it in the comments section. The Three Bay B Chicks are not responsible for Tyler's "advice."