Our blog has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://www.mayhemandmoxie.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Lucky Number Seven

For an event like We Heart Art, how many prizes do you think are needed to entice bloggers to post about either their own creative projects or their children’s? Would one prize do the trick? No? How about three?

In blogland, bigger is better. I think that when you bring together three different blogs to promote art and being creative, the magic number is seven.

By linking your We Heart Art post to our blogs this week, you will be entered into the drawing for the following:

One of two topless undershirts of your choice from Blush. This accessory is perfect for everyday wear or for pregnant Moms. If you love the look of layering without adding the extra bulk and straps, this is a product for you. Unlike a tank top or long shirt, it does not have straps which cause your undershirt to constantly ride up. It stays put without having to always readjust.














A pendant of your choice from Noisy Bird Studio.


A black and red checked bag from Funky Bag Freak. This bag is large, hip, and embroidered with black and white flowers on the front and back. There are also tons of pockets inside, which allows you to hold everything.


A signed copy of the newly released children’s book, The Secret Circus. This book, written by Johanna Wright, describes a Parisian circus so secret that only mice know how to find it. Floating by balloon across the cityscape, the mice travel to the grand performance, where tiny acrobats form mouse pyramids and giant housecats are tamed.


A darling appliqued tee-shirt or onesie from Forever Folding Laundry, perfect for your little girl for spring!


A fairy door all your own from Wendy at Green Girl Art.


And finally, a Kid’s Busy Box just for spring. This prize pack includes 20 seasonal crafts & materials designed for young children, easy to follow instructions, and all the craft materials you’ll need, such as yarn, pipe cleaners, tissue paper, pom poms, beads, craft sticks, stickers, and more.

So let’s see your posts! To qualify for the giveaway, simply link your posts describing your (or your kid’s) creative projects to the We Heart Art carnival. Here is how it works:

Want to earn additional entries, and drive more traffic to your blog?

Pablo Picasso once wrote that “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” Let’s all try to find a bit of art in our lives this week, either through ourselves, or through our kids. Kacey has even graciously agreed to help us get started…

Bookmark and Share

27 comments:

Mike said...

Have a great week ahead.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com
Twitter: AboutParenting

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good contest!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Cool! Now I have to post mine! But tell everyone to put theirs on MY Mr. Linky, cuz I'm Kool-er.

Unknown said...

Good Monday Morning! Just spreading some belated Mother's Day cheer through the Blogoverse.

Lisa@saltandlightstudio said...

These prizes are super awesome, I am totally impressed! I have yet to make art, outside of one pudding painting but will try and channel my inner Van Gogh and see what I can come up with. K?

BlogBaby

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Fun, fun, FUN! And you know this mommy loves nothing more than to show off her girls' work! Can't wait!

I am Harriet said...

So Francesca... just how many comments have you left so far?

I hope Mother's Day was good to you.

Paging Doctor Mommy said...

I'll be playing along!

Kimberly said...

I'm soooo going to play. What a fun idea!!!

Amy said...

I will get mine all ready to go. We made a hit at the doctor's office with ours.

Randi Troxell said...

sounds awesome and fabulous prizes too!!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I'm really looking forward to this! It's going to be so exciting to see all the entries! :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I've got to check out that children's book!

Jen said...

this is such a cool event. I can't wait to join in.

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that I remember to find some pictures to post. Great event!

Michelle said...

This is a great event!! Thanks for all of the fun links to visit, it's going to be fun to check them all out!

Francesca--Thanks for the bloggy love, and the sweet comment.

Hope your Mothers' Day were great!!

Casdok said...

What a lovely idea and great prizes!

Counselormama said...

I think this is a great idea and I love those prizes!

Sarah said...

Great contest!

*Hoping I get an energy burst so I can participate!*

Onna said...

Excited to be participating with you!! I am posting each days ideas for inspiration!!

Great prizes!!

Sticky said...

Sounds like fun...I'm in!

jennykate77 said...

Wow! This stuff is awesome! You girls know how to rally the participants!

rychelle said...

i'm a huge fan of johanna wright!

you ladies have good taste in prizes. ;)

parlezvouskiwi said...

such cute cute little prizes! oooh love it.

Claremont First Ward said...

What a wonderful carnival......I'll have to see if I can come up with something. :) Happy Mother's Day!

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

Yay! I'm excited!

Holly said...

Hey, what a fun idea! Let me see if I scare something up....