Sometimes, the best things in life happen when you least expect them.
When my blogging partner, Thuy, first mentioned that she started a group blog for us, I thought, “Ugh, really?” Who knew that just a few short months later, something as simple as this blog would not only strengthen my real-life friendship with my blogging partners, Thuy and Kacey, but it would also introduce me to an entirely new network of friends, a community of women with similar thoughts, hopes, and concerns, and humor.
There are many different ways for bloggers to connect, but one of the most beloved is by commenting. I think Heather and Tiffany stumbled upon something fairly wonderful when they created their The Secret is in the Sauce (SITS) site focused purely on blog recognition and comment support. Why, just this week, I had an exchange with Stesha, from Hot Chocolate Mocha Caramel, on the SITS blog that I am sure is worthy of the Comment Hall of Fame:
February 16, 2009, 12:00 AM: Stesha's SITS stalking pays off. She leaves the comment, "HERE!", when she manages to snag the #1 spot for roll call.
Later that day, when Stesha returned to the SITS blog to see what wonderful comments the other SITStas have left, she stumbled upon what I wrote:
February 16, 2009 8:28 AM
"Wow! Stesha was the very first commenter today. Loud and proud. You go! I can only dream of such greatness."
My comment naturally led to a series of exchanges between Stesha and myself, all of which were in good fun and very entertaining. Ultimately, it ended with me writing the following on Stesha’s site, addressing her alter ego, Stesha Fierce:
"OK, now you are just scaring me. I can't believe you found my comments about you on SITS. Seriously. I did not write that with the intention of you actually reading it. Stesha Fierce, you are like the Great and Powerful Oz. I may just start mentioning you in all my comments just to see how many you can sleuth out. Bring it on, Ms. Fierce, bring it on."
Apparently, no one tells Ms. Fierce to "bring it on" and lives to tell about it.
Stesha, in her infinite wisdom and bloggess-like (blogger + goddess) status, initiated a contest; a challenge that dares bloggers to find my comments and submit them to her blog in order to win a gift certificate to Victoria’s Secret.
However, if you are going to raise the stakes in blogland, why not do something really memorable?
I am proud to announce that Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha, Three Baby B Chicks and The Secret is in the Sauce have joined forces to kick-off the Where In the World Is Wenda? Contest.
Who is Wenda anyway?
In "real life," Wenda is the sister to Waldo, famous for his Where's Waldo? books. However, for the next nine days, until our contest ends on Saturday, February 28, Wenda is a SITSta, who is embarking on a worldwide blog tour, leaving comments and blog support everywhere she goes. Your mission, should you chose to accept it, is to find Wenda.
Rules for entry:
1) To enter, participants must sleuth out comments written by Wenda and submit them to either Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha or Three Bay B Chicks.
2) When you find a comment from Wenda, copy and paste it onto either Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha's or Three Bay B Chicks' site. Also include the name of the blog where the comment was found.
3) Participants may submit comments from Wenda found anywhere, including their own site.
4) Since Wenda is a devoted SITSta, she adamantly believes in supporting her fellow bloggers by leaving comments. Therefore, participants must also leave a comment on the site where Wenda’s comment was found.
5) Each comment submitted counts as 1 entry and must be submitted individually. There is no limit to the number of entries.
Hints on how to find Wenda:
1) Wenda loves herself some followers. She will definitely be visiting the SITS, Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha, and Three Bay B Chicks followers during her blog tour. To increase your chances of finding Wenda, be sure that you follow all three sites.
2) Wenda just can’t get enough comments. She loves those that fall in for roll call on SITS and also those that comment on Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks.
3) Wenda very well may not sleep for the duration of this contest. As part of her blog blitz, she will be visiting the sites that Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha and Three Bay B Chicks follow.
4) Each day, clues as to where you can find Wenda will be posted on the SITS, Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha, and Three Bay B Chicks sites.
What do you win? What do you win?
If your lucky number is selected by random.org, not only will you win a $50.00 gift certificate to Victoria's Secret, but you will also be the proud new owner of this:
The Clarisonic Skin Care System, valued at $200. I first heard about this product a few years ago when Oprah added it to her Favorite Things list. And, like most women in America, when Oprah speaks, I listen. With this product, your entire life may very well take on new meaning since you will now be able to give yourself facials at home. It is described as a gentle micro-massager that gives you cleaner, healthier skin.
So, let the game begin! Here is today's postcard from Wenda:
It is only fitting that we kick-off such a wonderful contest with a saucy community of ladies, who believe in supporting their fellow SITStas. If you are joining today's search for Wenda, start by checking out the blogs that fall in for roll call on SITS...and don't forget to pass the comment love along.
Also be sure to check back each day of the contest for more postcards from Wenda. Each will have a different clue as to where in the world you can find our SITSta.