One of the awards we received was from Tammy Jackson at Omah's Helping Hands. She passed along the 2008 Christmas Spirit Award. The caveat was that you must be a true Christmas lover to receive the award. What fun!
The 2009 New Year's Spirit Award!
The rules will be modeled after the 2008 Christmas Spirit Award. Thus...
1. You must be a true lover of the New Year to receive this award. The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with the New Year.
2. List 5 things that you love about the New Year. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space.
3. Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the New Year cheer going.
4. Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving a comment on their site. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award.
Here are the five things that I love about the New Year:
1. I love that hope springs eternal in the New Year. For the entire month of January, I truly believe that I can lose weight, be better organized, save more money, and be wiser about my investments.
2. I love TV during the month of January. Morning shows, such as Good Morning, America and The Today Show, along with the endless string of Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig commercials, all help me to perpetuate my belief in my ability to be a better human being.
3. I love the "Year in Review" news stories. Which famous people died, what were the biggest news stories of the year, what were the top 10 songs of the year? Any story that begins with the words "top ten", I am guaranteed to watch, listen to, or read.
4. I love the calm and quiet that comes with the New Year. After all of the frantic shopping, gift giving, visiting with family and friends, and plain ole making the season merry and bright, I need a break. January offers this.
5. Presidential Holidays. What is not to love about having a shortened work/school week?
Since the countdown to the New Year starts at the number 10, I will pass this award onto 10 fun and fabulous blogs:
10. My Confessions of Craziness
9. Joy to the Blog
8. Handful of Blessings
7. What a Trip!
6. A Nut in a Nutshell
5. Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha
4. Be Different...Act Normal
3. The High Family
2. Confessions of a Yummy Mummy
1. It's a Zog World
(Did you countdown the numbers in your head?)
Happy New Year to All!